24 lbs wild Northern Michigan Blackberries (yum!!)
5 lbs fresh elderberries
3 lbs bananas
1 quart red grape Concentrate (Brew King)
- Pressed blackberries (reserved juice and Pulp)
- Made banana extract (1 1/2 quarts water) strained, discarded pulp.
- Mashed elderberries (reserved juice and pulp)
- combined berry juice and grape concentrate and put in primary.
- dissolved 7 lbs sugar in banana extract, brought to boil, and poured through the berry pulp into primary fermentor.
- boiled additional 3/4 gallon water and poured through berry pulp into primary.
- gently pressed remaining liquid from berry pulp returned juice to fermentor.
- split content of pulp in half & place half of pulp in clean straining bag. Rest will go to jam, jelly, & perhaps a pie.
- Adjusted must to 4 gallons total took all readings adjusted sugar, & acid for final volume of six gallons. - Raised level to five gallons rechecked measurements made final adjustments, including the addition of Pectic enzyme, Yeast nutrients, acid, and Tannin as required.
- Raised level to six gallons. All measurements and final calculations correct. Final Sp. Gravity 1.100 - returned straining bag with pulp to primary.
- Sulphited to 70 ppm total S02
Let sit overnight
- Added Lalvin K1-1116 Yeast for ferment. Must at 72 F
- planning on using American Oak Stavin cubes during bulk aging.